- More demonstrations. Tuesday's demonstration happened despite Unison emailing its members saying the demo was cancelled.
- University Vice-Chancellor Michael Farthing bullshitted his way through open staff meetings (reports from staff: 1, 2). A student was physically removed by Head of Security Roger Morgan. Outside contractors were used for security, which suggests management know they've lost the trust of the in-house security staff they're outsourcing.
- Farthing did however admit that outsourcing and privatisation is about "agility and flexibility", i.e. casualisation of terms and conditons. Confirmed from the horse's mouth.
- Sussex Workers have set up a blog and twitter account for information and discussion on stopping the privatisation plans. There is also the existing facebook group.
- Sussex House workers reportedly refused to remove a banner reading 'an injury to one is an injury to all' which students had hung from the roof so management had to call in outside contractors.
Wed, 30/05/2012 - 18:32
|“Zero hours” contracts in Higher Education: the zero option…? (posted 15. October)|
|How students can support striking higher education staff. (posted 4. February)|
|Conference: Resisting restructuring in education (23. Nov) (posted 18. November)|
|Teaching strikes Tues 1st Oct (posted 29. September)|
|Education Worker #10 - Victimisation (posted 2. April)|